The manifestation of a vehicle collision can be seen in various ways. Car crashes can happen for many different reasons and can cause a number of injuries. The Miami personal injury attorneys has seen their share of car accidents throughout their years in practice and have represented thousands of vehicle crash victims. These are some of the main types of collisions that occur while on the road:
- Single- Car Collision: A single-vehicle collision happens when just one car is involved in the crash. Typically, a car might swerve into another lane and hit a tree, the median, and even a pedestrian. Pedestrian-vehicle collisions can lead to a personal injury lawsuit. The main reasons for these collisions are speeding, driving under the influence, and cell phone use.
- Multiple-Car Collision: A multiple car collision happens when two or more vehicles are involved in the crash. These collisions can lead to a chain-reaction collision that can cause various casualties. For the most part, these collisions tend to occur in highways and areas where many vehicles are present. Multiple-vehicle collisions are very dangerous because a fire can easily spread to all of the vehicles involved in the accident. The problem with multiple-car collision is determining exactly who was negligent or reckless due to the many drivers, passengers, and cars involved.
- Rear-End Collision: 95% of rear-end collisions are always caused by the driver who rear-ended the vehicle. They will usually be found guilty for the collision. While rear-end accidents are one of the most common accidents that tend to occur, they can cause extensive damage and injuries. The most common injury that comes from this type of crash is whiplash. This refers to the neck moving forward and back at excessive speed against the force of gravity. Neck injuries can leave permanent damage.
- Head-On Collision: A head-on collision happens when the front of one car directly hits the front of another car. These types of accidents are often fatal. Cars are usually traveling at high speeds when this happens, and if they are not wearing a seatbelt, they will most likely be ejected from their vehicles. A head-on collision can be caused by reckless and negligent driving. A driver might swerve to another lane or lose control of their car.
- Rollover Collision: A rollover usually happens in vehicles where the center of gravity is higher. A rollover can either happen when a vehicle flips on its side of its top. The main causes of rollover accidents are sharp turns at high speeds. Some of the most common vehicles that tend to rollover are sport utility vehicles(SUVs). Rollover accidents are usually the hardest for authorities to clear because it might require time for them o be able to take the victims out of the vehicles.
Becoming a victim of a car accident because of another’s reckless or negligent driving is devastating. Car accident attorneys can hold those accountable for their actions and help their clients recover for the pain they have suffered.