Enforcement of Settlement Agreements

Phoenix Divorce and Enforcement of Settlement Agreements

Enforcement of Settlement Agreements

One of the hardest things that can occur after a divorce is over and finalized, is when one spouse refuses to pay their court ordered settlement to the other spouse. If your ex-spouse owes you money, and you are struggling financially as a result of their nonpayment, you may be wondering what you can do. You should immediately contact an attorney at our firm to discuss your options. You may be able to get the court to “enforce” the settlement, which means they will pass a judgment against your ex-spouse and your payments will be automatically taken from their paychecks and sent directly to you. If your court ordered settlement agreement is not being adhered to, contact a Phoenix divorce attorney today.

At the Cantor Law Group, we are very aware the difficulties in communication that often arise between formerly married couples. This can be severely compounded if one individual is ordered to pay a significant amount of money to the other person. However, this money was ordered for your sake, because you need it in order to take care of yourself, pay your bills, and feed and clothe yourself. If you spouse is not paying what they owe you, there is legal recourse that we will immediately take to make sure you get the money that is legally yours.

Phoenix Family Law Attorney

Cantor Law Group is a well-known and reputable legal firm. With over 70 years of combined experience, our firm is comfortable and familiar with the all aspects of family and divorce law and we can help you with all the necessary procedures involved in enforcing a court order. Our AV® Rated team can help with your case by researching and bringing to light every detail that may have been overlooked. We will formulate the strongest case possible in your favor, and when we go to court to enforce your support order, we work fast to get your financial problem resolved with the least difficulty. We are members of Arizona’s Finest Lawyers® as well as the Bar Register of Pre-Eminent Lawyers®.

If your ex-spouse is refusing to pay the money he or she owes you, contact a Phoenix family lawyer from our firm today to discuss your rights and get your court ordered settlement agreement enforced.